The Employee Benefits Committee
- is a forum for discussion of compensation and employee benefits issues,
- sponsors seminars which allow members to both teach and learn compensation and employee benefits practice,
- publishes articles in the Tax Section Newsletter,
- prepares comments on legislation and regulations,
- drafts model forms and makes these available to members,
- sponsors legislative initiatives and
- writes amicus briefs in important cases.
Members are encouraged to initiate or participate in projects in any of the above areas. Qualified plans, executive compensation, and medical and other welfare benefit plans are subjects for the Committee, which are impacted by such laws as ERISA, federal and state tax laws, labor and discrimination laws, insurance laws, corporate and securities laws, marital property laws, trust laws, and the federal Social Security Act.